OpenIn Project: the project partners on Open Sources and Industrial Automation meet at APRO Formazione
From February 22nd to 24th, APRO Formazione hosted the second meeting between the partners of the project "OpenIn - Open Source Applications for Industrial Automation".
The project has a duration of 3 years and was funded by the Erasmus + program of the European Commission, within the Strategic Partnerships.
The representatives of the organizations involved, as well as APRO Formazione, coming from Spain, Portugal and Crete, met for three days on the two courses that should be ready at the end of the three-year period:
- OPENIN course for students in the field of industrial automation on industrial and communication sensors that use Open Source applications;
- OPENIN training course for teachers and employers in order to prepare them for the use of open source applications in their schools / companies.
More generally, the project aims to:
- Analyze the educational possibilities offered by free hardware and software in the field of industrial automation;
- Create quality and innovative teaching materials for Vocational Training Institutes, Universities and Companies that use automation systems (among these, real case studies for student training);
- Develop a working methodology that leads to common and shared criteria in the design of automation systems.
See you in Crete for the third meeting!